Sunday, July 17, 2011

On a clear day you can see Amarillo

Most of the grandkids are here, and they are having a ball,I now realize why my Dad always looked forward to all of us being home, if the door was slamming and the tv going , and i Hear
Pa pa,can you help me with this?????
Then things are right,
This is the ending of a chapter i just closed, since i was 14 years old, i had no idea,what i could and would learn , a lot about working, and people and Me.
My sisters are all in wichita kansas visiting my sister with the brain tumor, it was good to talk to the oldest, with all the latest news,and to hear about how things are going there, and sounds like some changes have been made, good ones i might add
I have some errands to run Monday, phones and computer to change over, and talk to a financial planner and see about getting my funds in one pot and closer to home
I have found a date has been tentatively set for a retirement party, so i will contact the powers that be and let them know, so they can do their thing.
I had made my retirement gift selection from the company , then found out that they allowed me to make a selection from yet another tier, but i dont think they have one for 60 years, so i guess i will choose from the 50 year tier, it still amazes me, i didnt argue, since i have found out it is futile,
I have recieved word, that it is time to go to Colorado and help my younger brother get started on putting his new business together, He and his partner take possession of the building some time this week
We have lots to do,take out carpet, and install new flooring, then get the panels set up for the displays and start building the data base for the merchandise that is going to come in
They are ready to get started and i cant blame them, I cant wait to get started

No comments: