Monday, June 11, 2007

It Started out as a regular gonnabe wet Sunday:

I woke up late Sunday morning, which was about 7:20 to me, finally got out of town about 7:40 rode to Goodnight then stopped to put on Top half of rain suit(Frog Togs) then continue on my merry way to have breakfast in Clarendon at the Clarendon Steak House.

Now if you want a really good place to eat,and meet some friendly folks in the process, this is the place to go.

I sat for a few minute,gave me some time to reflect if indeed i should really be waited on ,but then my waitress showed with a phone stuck in the side of her head and a menu.

I ordered coffee and took the breakfast bar choice and headed over to the bar to retrieve my breakfast, people are very friendly and cordial there.

after finding scrambled egg and bacon and sasuage, and biscuits with hashbrowns and grape jelly and orange juice, i set about eating my breakfast, i got a hug out of the deal when the waitress apologized for comeing to the table on the phone,i started to ask her for the phone number , but i didnt want her to think i was a dirty old man, but some how i think she knew lol

People are very friendly there and it is a really good place to eat.

You will notice if you havent allready, i do a lot of riding and eating, and not necessiarly in that order.

I got on the road and headed towards Wichita falls ,i was watching the clock on the dash race towards a ten o'clock phone call that would tell me where i would eventually wind up meeting the other half as she worked her way down highway 82 towards me on her way back from a trip to KeyWest Florida, i think they had a good time,and i am not about to ask what it cost.Only her and her hair dresser will know.

After finding the other half on the road inbetween henryetta and munday , we had talked about going to the goldwingers gourmet haven (Dairy Queen) but i had noticed a nice looking place in town as i passed thru henryetta and decided that would be the place to go,it just looked like agood place to be

I would have never even dreamed who i would see there when we arrived , eventhough i had parked right next to his truck and dismounted, never even looked at it.

As i live and breath as i walked in there sits Eddie and Ercie Hill , the last two people i would have ever expected to see in that town or resturant, For those that have been living in a cave ,Eddie Hill is and was very prominent in dragracing, he used to help me and my cousin from oklahoma city sneak in thru the pits to watch the drag races, would be him or Jack Chrisman,both very highly thought of and very well known racers .

It was hard for me not to go over and pester him , but as I watched him and his family visit, i knew there was no way I could bother him,I did later in the parking lot get a chance to say hi to them and visit for a minute.
All of the family stopped to say something, and i was very pleased about that, a nicer or friendlier group i dont remember being in the presence of than these people.
When i returned home i took the time to look at Eddie and Ercie's webpages and history and was plesentaly surprised to see they have settled in nicely to retirement and enjoying life and found an invitation to all that view the pages to join them in a supper ride from his Honda dealership in Wichita Falls the first Saturday evening of every month, Dont know about yall, i think i know one old fat body from the panhandle that will take them up on that invite.
I saw them again on the way back to Wichita Falls,We all waved and then it was time to move on,It was a fantastic day to me,one i wont soon forget,as you can see, it doesnt take much to make me happy, and a blast from the past will do it for me every time

No comments: