Thursday, August 10, 2006

Deadwood and the GPS

In my last blog i alluede to a trip in the making to colorado and to parts further north.
I wanna tell ya it was a hoot,24 men gathered at a local resturant the morning of our departure, we had a good breakfast,verbal sparring and just some good natured devilment before we pulled the pin for parts north.This setting is in denver colorado, 24 guys ,invite only,3 days of belching and scratching, and hard riding, opened up a whole new world to me as a rider , and participant.
We recieved our riders instructions and then the 4 rookies were gotten together, filmed and fingerprinted,and mugshots taken.One of our last instructions told uswewould have to hold a skit that night at supper, aint we lucky.
And yours truly was a rookie on that ride,so i got to help with the skit,I dont do oracles so I don't do incantations or shake chicken bones, during these processes, Brian Graves ,my roomie and the club prez, came upwith the original thought that we base our skit on, Which we didtn completely put together till evening at the motel,before our steak was devoured,it was fun and even very funny , a parody take off from the morning events at the parkin lots,this was not meant to be hurtful or mean, just funny and most accepted that as it was.I was told i shoudnt give up my day job as acting was not my forte.
I learned a lot from these riders , young and and matured alike,everyone's riding skill levels and perception of what that is varies,but i would ride with them any where, because at the level we rode most of the time and speeds and the amounts of concentration and skill required was exciting.
My youngest brother led the cooker group as did the wing commander during the 3 day period, and thumper and his group running laterally with us , at a slower pace,did their own thing too, it was a lot of fun,no incidences occured,although my nephew had to stay in Deadwood till monday morning, as he had a problem with his tire , which has since been resolved.He rode behind me ,most of one full day, polishing my rear fender and tag lights.I was working up a sweat to keep up,I dont think i ever saw brett hit the brakes once ,just smooth as silk all day long.

The 1800 still continues to amaze me,the power band onthose machines is unbelieveable, you want to have it pointed the way you really want to be going,when you wack the throttle,cause you aint gonna believe the mind bending performance,this machine has builtinto it.when you really get aggresive it just growls and says , just bring it on bubba, it will s how you a thing of two
That b ike will run in excess of 100 miles an hour all day long never whimpering or any bad mannerisms,just squats and gets it like a speeding bullet, and the harder you twist the handle grip,the more it begs to just get out and let the goodtimes roll. It pulls as hard at 128 as it does at 30, like gang busters. Try wipeing that stupid smile off my face.

No comments: